Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be All Right

Seven years ago today Sam was born.

Throughout my pregnancy I sang Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" aloud over and over again to calm and reassure myself (and Sam!). The morning I was induced, I asked Ed to play "Three Little Birds" for me on the way out of the house. He indulged me, which is unusual. I'll never forget how grateful I was at that moment.

Labor was pretty easy with Sam (thank goodness for the epidural), but I remember the look on Dr. Parnes' face when he told me that the umbilical cord was wrapped around Sam's shoulder. Dr. Parnes' moved more quickly than I'd ever seen him move after that, and Sam was 'extracted' at 6:30 p.m. He was all wrinkly and red!

Within a minute or two Max greeted his new baby brother.

Last night I watched Max give Sam a good-night hug, as he does every night. I'm so glad they have each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home