Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Never Dreamed . . . Bloggers at the Nexus

I want to acknowledge the other bloggers I met at the Nexus. It was such fun to walk up to someone whom I had never met before and say, "Hi! I'm Tina, and I read your blog!"

In no particular order, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting or talking with these bloggers:


  • Gabriel Shirley, key conference convener and a guy who teaches fish to dance
  • Zach Smith, who blogs from Japan and embodies quiet leadership
  • Keith Instone, a user experience guy who demonstrated unbelievable courage by spending two days with a group of "touchy-feely" process consultants
  • Mario Gastaldi, who blogs brilliantly and bilingually in Italian and English
  • Nancy White, who manages to be creative every second of every day (and maybe even while she's sleeping! - she told me she dreams blog posts . . . )
  • John Abbe, an old school geek who is far ahead of his time
  • Myriam Laberge, who is as composed and elegant as she appears in her photo
  • Loretta Donovan, who group blogs at Appreciative Inquiry Annotations, and . . .
  • Ivan Overton, a South African change agent who participated in the group Change Management Blog (alas, I didn't meet his fellow blogger Holger Nauheimer)

Other bloggers who were there, but whom I did not meet or perhaps met but did not know were bloggers . . .

  • Jon Kennedy, who supported the whole conference platform on his GroupMind software (thank you so much, Jon!)
  • Brian Childs, who was blogging for the host college, Bowling Green State University
  • Doug Germann, who I think I may have met in a World Cafe conversation, but did not know was a blogger at the time, and . . .
  • Kaliya Hamlin, who patiently tolerated my fumbling attempts at literally stepping through change during the Leadership Dojo

There's so much from the conference to share, and I know I'll never be able to document it all. Be sure to check out these other bloggers and the del.icio.us or Technorati tag "nexusforchange" for more reflections.


Tag:

3/25 UPDATE: Correcting the link to Gabriel's blog, and adding another blogger:

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Keith Instone said...

Thanks for compiling the list, Tina. You can update the URL for Gabriel and add Peter Jones.

Also, I will slowly put together an aggregated feed of the attendees' blog so that someone can see them all as one stream.

10:42 AM  
Blogger tinotchka said...

Keith, thanks for catching my misses!

I'm looking forward to the aggregated feed . . . maybe you can tell me how you create that at some point. I'm curious.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Brian Childs said...

Thanks for the tag Tina. What did you think of the Nexus? That was my first time seeing some of the methods and was eye-opening. I enjoyed it overall, but unfortunately had to solve a few computer issues and missed out on most of Friday.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Nancy White said...

Chiming in to thanking you for identifying the bloggers in the room. There is a list on the nexus site which I will check to see if it has all the ones you have noted.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Nancy White said...

http://nexusforchange.com/index.php3?object_id=25df7b7f056a7fcc0ce894f317d053b4

4:38 PM  
Blogger Keith Instone said...

I made an aggregated feed of bloggers from Nexus - http://instone.org/nexusfeeds. Not as good as your favorite feed reader, but more convenient.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home