Sunday, June 12, 2005

Serendipity or Synchronicity?

Early last week, the founder of the Columbus Green Building Forum called me. She was looking for assistance in bringing Bill McDonough to Columbus in the fall. Friday afternoon, a colleague invited me to celebrate his 40th birthday with a drink at Abuelo's after work. There I met his wife, who turns out to be an architect who studied under McDonough at the University of Virginia.

Purely coincidence? I won't pretend to know how the two facts are related, but it seems like more than coincidence to me...

Serendipity
n : good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries

Synchronicity
n : Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another degree of separation (not in any way related to the CGBF)for you. I received my B.S. at Virginia Tech. University of Virginia (UVA) and Tech are BIG rivals.

It's a small world...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home