Thursday, June 09, 2005

Stay in the Soup

During the last residency, Ron told us:

It’s at this time in the program that the learning and the experience come together. I’m encouraging you to stay in the soup. Stay in the soup if at all possible.
Ron, the learning and the experience are coming together for me. I'm staying in the soup.

There is a dance between self interest and the need to belong. Neither goes away; they’re always there.
Ron, I'm dancing as fast as I can.
In this field . . . we don’t want to simply recognize difference, we want to work with it. What do I do with the difference? What do I do that makes the difference an asset as opposed to a block? How do I make my reflection into multiple reflections? Is there any meaning that comes out of that that enhances us?
Ron, I'm working with the difference. It's the hardest work I've ever done, but the most satisfying and exhilarating, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home