Tuesday, July 12, 2005

(Cautiously) Optimistic

I'm feeling a little better today. The darkness seems to be lifting a little. In fact, it lifted right after I ate dinner last night.

I've been dieting, and now I'm thinking that maybe my low mood is related to low caloric intake. This is not an agreeable tradeoff!

Now that the clouds have parted a bit, I think I can come up with a way to fund school. If I borrow against my 401(k) plan, I might just have enough to take care of this quarter and the next. That leaves two more . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger efpalinos said...

We all have our ups and downs. Sometimes it helps when I simply take a look around - it does not have to be far - when I see people without a home, with no job, with no family to stand by them, or faced with other serious problems. I think if they can make it through and sometimes even excel in life, then so can I. It helps a lot to even push ones self to be little optimistic even if one does not necessarily feel that way. I don't think I would ever regret a life of battles, even if many are lost and very few are won. These few are the ones that will make my life all worth it.

3:14 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Glad to hear things are looking up again. I wonder if it isn't also a matter of metaphorical calories as well as real ones - making sure you continue to feed on whatever it is that makes you most alive, most awake? Not that I'm in much of a position to offer tried-and-trusted practical advice on the subject at the moment ;)

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home