Monday, November 28, 2005

Separation Anxiety

Max suddenly became very quiet yesterday. Sam whimpered all through last night. In our own ways, we're preparing for my upcoming extended absence from the family.

We had a plumbing disaster this weekend and lost a lot of old papers and documents. Tossing stuff is always painful at our house. Maybe they were reacting to that? Somehow I don't think so.

I finally completed the conversational footprint analysis (again). I've decided why these papers are so painful - they point out and force me to examine all of my inadequacies as a human being.

2 Comments:

Blogger efpalinos said...

Just yesterday I came across a quote which I think is quite relevant to our "need" to collect/ archive material as well as immaterial subjects: "The poor architect succumbs to every temptation and the good one resists it."

7:57 AM  
Blogger tinotchka said...

Grandma E used to say about one of her many black wool coats, "This coat collects everything except men."

I think I collect paper--it is attracted to me like iron filings to a magnet, and it sticks to me the same way.

No matter how much I throw away, more is always always always coming coming coming.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home