Wednesday, June 14, 2006

All I Want is Everything

As a graduation present, Beth presented me with Ken Wilber's A Theory of Everything. For some logistical reasons (I kept forgetting to bring it into the house, for example), I hadn't started reading it, and it was high on my list.

Today I needed some serious downtime from work craziness, so I grabbed a prepared ham-n-cheese sandwich and a bottle of grape drink from the cafeteria and hiked out to the car. There I consumed my sandwich and the foreword and first chapter of the book.

I don't know what I was expecting, exactly, but it wasn't this quiet, matter-of-fact prose. I guess with all the hype around Ken Wilber, I figured it was going to be some kind of wild-eyed manifesto. At least so far - not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home