Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Can We Talk?

Have you noticed the cottage industry that has sprung up around the book Crucial Conversations? It seems that everyone I talk to has recently read the book, seen the authors present at a conference or in a webinar, or is planning to do one of the above.

Today I'm signed up for a 2-hour lunch-and-learn on this topic. In preparation, I've been listening to a recorded version of the book. It seems to provide a comprehensive introduction to dialogue. I'm curious to see what the presenter, my friend Diana, does with the material in two hours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how was the lunch and learn?

I'm doing some research on "conversation" within the marketplace and found your post via Google Blog Search.

Thanks for extending the "conversation" to us out here in the blogosphere.

10:24 PM  
Blogger tinotchka said...

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know how you found my post, Michael!

The session facilitator chose to "deliver a training," as opposed to creating an experiential learning situation. I think this kind of material really needs a serious "practice" component to build and reinforce the learning, so that was a bit disappointing.

In any case, it was a chance to immerse myself in the content for a couple of hours in the company of other learners. And that always helps me learn better!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home