Monday, November 13, 2006

Refriending

Last week I had lunch with Nancy, an acquaintance from my days on the board at ISPI. It was nice to reconnect with her, and I find that I "get" so much more about her now than I did five years ago. We talked OD consulting, facilitation, Open Space, World Cafe, and Appreciative Inquiry. You know how it is when you find someone who speaks your language - you quickly fall into a very comfortable shorthand. You feel that you can say a lot with just a few words.

In some ways, I think she may be the professional here in Columbus with whom I resonate most closely. It has been a joy to rediscover her. Meeting with her has given me a glimpse of a potential future in this market - one that I had not considered possible previously. I'm hoping I'll get to see more of her in the coming months.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,

I will write more later. I just want to acknowledge right away how honored I am by your comments. It makes me smile to think of how similar our hearts and passions are -- and who would have guessed that five years ago. Actually, I felt it then, but life paths took us in seemingly different directions. When you sent me a note months ago about an article I may find interesting, it was the beginning of our more apparent reconnection and I look forward to finding ways to work together.
Thank you.
Our adventure continues...

Nancy

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home