Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Two Roads Diverged

I drove to work this morning as expected. After I logged in, I opened my browser to find Sandy's comment on the blog. I clicked the link and discovered a personal invitation to attend the BAWB Global Conference as a member of the media - in other words, as a blogger! I giggled to think of my little blog as a media outlet, but I admit the offer was far too appealing.

First I stressed over never having "enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them." Then I checked my calendar, my gut, and my heart and decided to make the time. Within 10 minutes I had answered my new emails and declined any non-essential meetings. I had one call at 3:30 p.m. that I felt compelled to attend, but it's a call, right? So I recorded the conference call number and determined that I could dial in from Cleveland on my mobile phone just as easily as I could from Columbus on my desk phone. (Thank you, technologists everywhere!)

About 7:05 a.m. I started out the front door of the building (against the incoming tide of puzzled earlybirds) and jumped in the car. I crossed my fingers that the "Service Engine Soon" lamp on the dash, which has been lit for several days, was due to the hanging muffler strap and wouldn't pose a significant problem.

Up and back in a little over 12 hours. It made all the difference.

Thanks, Sandy! You helped me think about myself (and my blogging) in a new way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home