Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Can See Clearly Now . . . Right?

Almost daily I am astonished by some insight into human relations that I could not have imagined before I entered my program two years ago. I'm not talking about general understanding or theory here. I'm referring to the way I view and participate in my own relationships and interactions with my colleagues, family, and friends.

It's almost as if I used to be blind to certain aspects of my own experiential reality. I didn't have a frame into which to place some observations, and so the observations were either discounted, processed as intuition, or ignored. In many ways I thought I was "crazy." In other words, I knew that I was observing some things, but I didn't know what it was I was seeing or how to interpret it. It was like those people whose eyes can actually receive light, but whose minds cannot process the visual data they are receiving.

Today, I "see" aspects of relational reality that I could not previously interpret. I can intentionally participate in ways that used to be impossible. It's as if there is a whole new world out there for me. Yet, I know that world must have existed before I could see it - I just didn't recognize it.

It makes me wonder what else I might be missing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoying your observations, Tina. Really support your improv experience -- while in England, our group also did a "yes, And..." exercise. Which made me especially interested in the Peter Block book, "The answer to how is yes: acting on what matters".

Talk to you soon.
dg

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home