Thursday, September 14, 2006

Here at the End of All Things

I received an automated flush letter for the "Detroit" gig yesterday. I guess I'm not completely surprised (or heartbroken), but I thought I had a good chance with that one. If I decide I care enough, I'll write and ask for feedback. (Tried that on another opp and never got a reply. It's hard to keep putting energy out into what feels like the blackness and vacuum of space.)

Lots of anxiety today - project status meetings, deadlines looming, tire repair scheduled, etc. How do I turn this anxiety into positive movement - need to change the frame somehow, but I grow tired and lose the ability to focus and redirect the energy.

Over the last few weekends we watched the Lord of the Rings movies. I can really relate to poor Frodo this week - I feel like I'm slogging through Middle Earth with a heavy weight around my neck and strange enemies around every bend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home