Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Who are you with?

I emailed an RSVP to attend a local conference on green business this week, and the coordinator responded to my message with this question: "Who are you with?"

I've been mulling the answer over. Who am I with? My initial reaction was that I am coming alone . . . but I know that isn't what he's asking. He wants to know what organization I'm representing. He wants to know where my energy is. He wants to put me into an easy-to-understand category. He wants to know what to put on my badge.

So . . . what organization am I representing? My employer? No, I'm taking time off from work to attend this event because my employer isn't interested in the future of local green business, as far as I can tell. Even if my employer were interested, I'm not their official representative.

So, am I representing another organization? Maybe I'm representing "Tina, Inc." But that wouldn't look very good on a badge, and I don't know what rap I'd deliver to anyone who asked me about Tina, Inc. - it's just a gleam in my eye right now.

Should I go as a member of the media - as a blogger - for the Green Buckeye blog? That's in its infancy, too, but maybe this is a way to give it a boost!

What would you do?

And who are YOU with?

1 Comments:

Blogger George Nemeth said...

Is GreenBuckeye.com available? You should register that and use blogger to publish to that.

I always say I'm from either Meet.The.Bloggers, Brewed Fresh Daily, or CoolCleveland.com, so I'd suggest you say you're from the Green Buckeye Blog. Maybe someone else to model is Joel Makower of GreenBiz.com...

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home