Friday, September 16, 2005

Work In Progress

I completed the learning plan at 2:00 a.m. ET.

Assessment: I know what I'm doing when it comes to supporting my own learning. That said, it appears that my capacity for planning extends into the future only about 9 months or so. Beyond that I find it almost impossible to imagine what I will be doing. Is this capacity something that can be cultivated and increased? I wonder. I've been "working on it" for almost a year now, and I perceive myself making very little progress.

Reflection: In writing the learning plan, I reread my personal vision paper, and then refined the vision piece. I can see that with each exercise the vision is becoming less amorphous. It's as if the personal vision is a lump of clay that I'm slowly shaping. Here, I squeeze and mold a little - there, I pinch off a piece that doesn't look quite right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home