Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wherever You Go, There You Are

Last night I spent an hour or so at a project wrapup celebration. It was set to be dull, dull, dull, but I decided to "have fun" no matter what. To that end, when I found myself seated next to a gentleman I have never spoken to outside of work, I patiently listened to more work-related talk, and then gently, appreciatively inquired about his passions outside of work.

DC ended up telling me some wonderful stories about his early days in the Marines, a hair-raising trip down the "wrong" side of Diamondhead in Hawaii, and an experience flying a vintage WWII training plane here in Central Ohio a few years ago. All in all, it was a very satisfying conversation.

Then it hit me. No matter what I do for a living; no matter where I go; no matter who I meet; I always have the ability to create my reality - to draw out the best in others - to employ these tools I'm learning to do good. My life will never be boring again. I think that's an insight worth $50,000--don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home