Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Write or Wrong

Each morning I approach the computer, ready to start the day by writing a post on my blog. Lately, though, I've been stopping off at Bloglines first to see what all my favorite writers have been up to since I last checked. It seems like a good idea - I really ought to know "what's going on" before I try to join the fray, right?

Trouble is, I get distracted and end up spending all of the time that is supposed to be committed to writing to reading what others have written.

A key reason for the existence of this blog is as a writing practice for me, and I have not been writing. I'm writing this post to remind myself of my purpose. If I don't discipline myself a little bit and get back to actually writing, I will have to abandon the whole blogging thing. It is supposed to support the writing practice, not replace it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Your post reminded me of "The Answer to How is Yes". I read a few pages today while waiting in the hospital. (looking forward to discussing the book with you, when I get a bit farther.)

In any case, your posting reminded me of the book.

Talk to you soon!
dg

6:22 PM  
Blogger tinotchka said...

Would that I could write like Peter Block!

Thanks for the (probably unintentional) compliment!

Tina

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home