Thursday, December 28, 2006

When It Rains...

After we got home from the hospital yesterday evening, I was in bed and "resting comfortably" (that's the last time I'll take that expression literally) on Percocet by 9 p.m. (Pix of the day from the hubby's perspective are here.)

A piercing screech awakened the household around 8 a.m. (No, it wasn't me - yet!) The smoke detector had gone off in response to the clothes dryer electronics catching on fire. Kids and I were freaked out - youngest is whimpering and hanging onto his favorite softie, and I'm trying to get out of bed quickly without ripping my incisions open. Ouch.

Stinking Sears. The dryer is less than 2 years old. This is the third replacement of washer/dryer combos in this house in the last 9 years.

The husband is online shopping for a clothes dryer right now. I told him anything but Sears. Sounds like it's a Maytag this time around.

Kids are playing Lego Star Wars.

My head isn't in this thing, so I'll quit for now. Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home