Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If I Could Save Time in a Bottle

A year ago yesterday, members of the MPOD 2006 class landed in London and Brussels for the international residency. Half the class studied complexity with AMOC in Ashridge, and the other half studied group dynamics with CIGO in Leuven.

It was the time of my life.

For me, the learning that began in Leuven continues to deepen over time. The quality of my experience of the people associated with CIGO and Kessels & Smit was so different from my day-to-day experience here. Of course, it was a peak moment and one that all of us were anxious to optimize on many levels, so it was special. Somehow, though, just the nature of their culture of open and direct communication was eye-opening and life-changing.

None of this is anywhere near making sense as I re-read. I wish so much for my words to touch your hearts, and I fall short every time.

To commemorate the day and the memory, I called and emailed a few of my fellow travelers yesterday. I wish we could raise a glass of Leffe Brun together on the sidewalk cafe at the Hotel Metropole in Brussels to celebrate. Instead, here is a link to some photos from the trip.

There was a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home