Saturday, January 06, 2007

BlogHer Terms of Service (TOS): Say What?

I was thinking about registering on Blogher.com, the site whose tagline reads, "Where the women bloggers are."

So, I'm reading thru the TOS as I'm registering and I find this clause :

By submitting content, which shall include your user name, to any "public area" of the BlogHer Network, including forums, comments and your account, you grant BlogHer a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content.

I've always had a good feeling about Blogher. They have that clever name and that nifty little logo. Other women bloggers I admire and respect are registered there. I thad always planned to join, and I thought the time had come given the commitment to "professional" blogging I've made at Green Buckeye. Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe I'd better doublecheck the TOS at Blogger and del.icio.us and Feedburner and Google and . . . need I go on?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home