Friday, January 12, 2007

Reflections on My Tribe

The last few weeks has seen a small flurry of communications from MPOD friends. Former classmate Chris speculates that people made renewed commitments at the new year to work harder at keeping in touch. I don't know if that is why, but it sure feels good, as Joanna said in her new year's email, to see the familiar names in my Inbox!

Significantly, and perhaps surprisingly, David Cooperrider of Case wrote an extensive email to faculty, staff, and alumni of the Organizational Behavior (OB) department at Weatherhead. His message invites us to help develop a more robust OB alumni community that will include more and more varied opportunities for networking and ongoing education. I'm excited by that prospect, and I'd love to participate in developing that community.

I find that I truly cherish my MPOD friends and the overall community of organization development researchers and practitioners. They value and cultivate open communication and hope for the future. OD as we experienced it as Case is more than a discipline - it's a worldview.

John Lennon wrote:
You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one.
Being in the OD community helps me recognize that "I'm not the only one."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home