Friday, January 18, 2008

Family Update

My favorite artist visited the neurosurgeon again yesterday. He was imaged (MRI) up and down for two hours. First the good news: there is no change in the size of the sclerotic bone lesion in his sacrum. Now the bad news: there is no change in the size of the sclerotic bone lesion in his sacrum. More watchful waiting is in order - he goes back in 3 months to be imaged again.

Meanwhile, my youngest son turns 9 years old today. He is very "into" his birthday this year. Last night we took a trip down memory lane by viewing his "Baby Book" at his request. Today Dad is making his favorite brownies for him to share with his class. Tomorrow we'll observe the Big Day officially with gifts, a special birthday dinner, and of course - chocolate cake!

My older son is rapidly transitioning into a teenager. He had exams this week, and is working on a robotics project for the Science Olympiad competition. Last week he received a recruiting letter from the Western Reserve Academy, a boarding school about 3 hours from home. I'm not ready to let my "little boy" leave home yet!

As I review this post, I wonder if I should edit it to move the health news to a more neutral location. It seems appropriate to leave it at the top of the page, though, as it seems to hang over our heads and color everything else in our lives right now. So, friends, know that I am aware of this and acknowledging it, and still appreciating all that is good and light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home