Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Meme Stops Here: 7 Random Things

I've been memed by the triblogular Maureen. (I don't know how she finds the time to feed three blogmonsters.) Here are seven random things about me:
  • I love the movie The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I can watch it over and over and see something new in it every time. There's no accounting for taste.
  • I am reading The Mists of Avalon right now. I was reluctant to pick it up because I'm impatient with fiction , but Rosa said it was great and now I'm getting sucked in.
  • I write or maintain a number of other blogs. The most active one is called Green Buckeye, and it aspires to be a sustainability resource for Central Ohio.
  • I won the school spelling bee in fourth grade, and my name was in the The Plain Dealer.
  • I am currently subscribed to 149 RSS feeds. Almost 60 of those are "green" blogs. About 30 are blogs local to Columbus, Ohio. Another 25 pertain to my interests in organization development, leadership, and change management. The remainder cover a mixed bag of topics - everything from writing, blogging, parenting, home schooling (no, we don't home school), online collaboration, art, design, philosophy, linguistics, marketing, and science.
  • I am painfully introverted. It takes everything I've got to leave the house every morning.
The meme stops here. I will not willfully tag anyone else. If you're moved to play, though, please feel free to share 7 random things about you!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McCabe said...

thanks for being a good sport.

I don't blame you... I am done tagging. don't you wish I had taken that stance a couple of days ago.

of course I may change my mind with the next series of memes...

1:24 PM  
Blogger tinotchka said...

It's cool, Maureen. Actually, I'm grateful! It gave me the impetus to write and post something.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Zamboni said...

I don't have my own blog, so I'll take the liberty of posting my 7 here . . .

1) I don't have a blog because I can't think of anything worth saying that isn't trite and/or offensive

2) I own an inordinate amount of tapes/cds from early '90s women artists (Liz Phair, Poe, Natalie Merchant, etc. Okay, and Paula Abdul, Mariah Carey . . . )

3) The thought of life after law school and having someone's future resting on the quality of my advocacy frightens me beyond belief

4) I find that people like me better the second time they meet me

5) Almost every preconceived notion/snap judgment I've had about someone (good or bad) has been wrong

6) When asked a question , it takes me awhile to process the answer. But by the time I'm done processing it, I've already answered the question

7) I spent way too much time on this list to avoid writing a paper

~Chris

2:15 PM  
Blogger tinotchka said...

Zamboni,

1) All good blogs are either trite or offensive. (Not really. I just like the way that sounds.)

2) Really? I mean - really? ;)

3) Good. I'd be worried it if didn't.

4) You probably keep people at a distance on the first meeting.

5) What is the sound of one hand clapping?

6) Assimilator! INTJ! (It takes one to know one.)

7) So glad I could contribute to the delinquency of a future prosecutor. Get back to studying! (See #3.)

- tina

7:58 PM  
Blogger Zamboni said...

Thanks, Tina! You always make brighten my day and make me feel wiser.

~Chris

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home